We have a job for you
Senior Software Data Engineer (Python + Azure)
We are looking for an engineer who joins our team in Krakow. Slam Project concerns the system, that analyses imagery from a built-in video camera installed on the device to recognize and extract features that are potential hazards for the vehicle. The system processes the video feed in real-time, extracting relevant features and these are referenced to a GPS track from the vehicle. This is commonly known as SLAM (simultaneous location and mapping). The information that is collected and identified by the vehicle using onboard AI processing is currently predominately street furniture (street lights, roadside cabinets, speed limits, traffic restrictions) and road markings. The goal of the project is to extract and geo-reference features captured in the system files in the 10-vehicle trial using vehicles.
- Developing the appropriate solution that meets business needs and requirements.
- Building scalable, performant systems that are easy to maintain and support (Experience around Deployment, Debugging, Testing, Scaling and Monitoring modern cloud-based systems is desired) work with stakeholders, Project Managers and Delivery Managers to lead technical delivery and the team.
- Continuously improving the engineering capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through coaching and mentoring.
- Sharing best practices and communicate goals and issues between technical teams, lead engineers, architects, delivery managers and stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge and skills in software engineering and industry best practice, such as TDD and SOLID
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing solutions using Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Demonstrable skills in Python, using libraries such as Shapely, Pandas, NumPy
- Demonstrable ability to lead, coach and mentor an engineering team
- Very good track record in influencing key business & technical stakeholders
- Proven track record in implementing new engineering techniques within a development team
- Proven track record of working within an AGILE delivery team
- Awareness of geospatial systems and technologies is desirable but not essential
Want to know what working for us is like?
Come to our office for a coffee and a chat with us!
Choose your equipment
Personal health care
Team building events
Annual training budget
Remote working options
...and much more